Looking for a form?
If you don’t see what you’re looking for, please give us a call at 705-675-7536 so we can further assist you.
Ontario Electricity Rebate Eligibility Form
Information for owners of multi-unit complexes
There are new eligibility requirements for the Ontario Electricity Rebate for multi-unit complexes. Please read below before filling out the form.
Some larger multi-unit complexes that use over 250,000 kilowatt-hours per year and whose demand is over 50 kilowatts, such as apartment buildings and condominiums, will be required to provide a notice to their LDC by January 31, 2020 in order to receive the rebate beyond February 1, 2020.
Scenario A – Current Multi-Unit Accounts
- If your multi-unit complex was receiving the 8% Provincial Rebate up to October 31, 2019, it’s eligible to receive the OER at least until October 31, 2020, provided a new declaration form is received by January 31, 2020. Eligibility beyond October 31, 2020, will be determined based on the information provided in the new declaration form.
- Even if you aren’t eligible under the new rules, you’ll continue to receive a 31.8% rebate, until October 31, 2020, provided you submit this declaration form by January 31, 2020.
- If you don’t submit the declaration form, you’ll stop receiving the rebate on February 1, 2020.
Scenario B – All Licensed Long-term Care Homes
- If you have a long-term care home that is licensed under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, other than an account that is also in respect of a hospital as defined in the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act, 2010, you’re eligible to receive the OER.
- Please complete and submit the enclosed declaration form.
Scenario C – All Other Multi-Unit Accounts
- Your multi-unit complex wasn’t receiving the 8% Provincial Rebate and isn’t currently receiving the OER and you believe you may be eligible for it.
- Eligibility will be determined based on the information provided in the new declaration form.
The Ontario Electricity Rebate and Regulated Price Plan Declaration Form is now available on our website. If you have any questions, please call our Customer Service department Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:25pm at 705-675-7536.