Rates

The cost of electricity has been a “hot” political topic lately, and rightly so, as costs continue to climb. Greater Sudbury Hydro controls only the “distribution rate”, which is part of the “delivery charge” line of your bill. The rest of the charges are collected by GSH on behalf of other agencies, but they flow through and do not remain with Greater Sudbury Hydro.

Our goal is to provide the service levels demanded by our customers at the lowest possible cost. We have worked hard to reach this goal. Although the business has become increasingly more complex our employees continue their efforts and dedicate themselves to the challenge of adapting to customer expectations. As we take on new challenges, we are committed to meeting those challenges with a well-trained and motivated staff that hold our customers as the focal point of all of their efforts.

View Decision and Rate Order, June 2019

Ontario’s Fair Hydro Plan

Learn how your electricity bill has decreased and find information on programs and credits to reduce your bill even more. There is a section for residents and a separate section for businesses. Find out more here.

 

Where a Dollar Went

This illustration shows how each dollar paid on a Greater Sudbury Hydro bill was distributed in 2018. Note that only 17 cents of each dollar stays in Sudbury. The rest was passed through to other agencies.

 

6% HST LESS PROVINCIAL REBATE
Paid to Provincial and Federal governments.

1% REGULATORY CHARGES AND DEBT RETIREMENT
Paid to IESO and Ontario Electricity Finance Corporation.

7% TRANSMISSION CHARGES
Paid to Hydro One

17% GSH DISTRIBUTION
GSH retains only 17%. Other agencies absorb the remaining 83%.

68% ELECTRICITY AND GLOBAL ADJUSTMENT
PAID TO IESO, Hydro One & Electricity Generators

Review us on Google

Your feedback is important to us.

 View Site Map | Contact

Subscribe to
media room

Subscribe

* indicates required
Loading...